Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:08:34 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [ANN] sabotage 0.9.7 milestone (x86[_64]) release

* Kurt H Maier <khm-lists@...ma.in> [2012-11-08 20:58:45 -0500]:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 02:29:49PM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > Here's what I got (using a somewhat out-of-date libc.so; I
> > know at least one function has since been added, but this
> > gives a general idea of the scope):
>
> Thanks for doing this.  What version of Opera was this?  12.whatever?
> Have you tried one of their older (9.x series) "static" builds?  I know
> they weren't really static, but they work on e.g. plan 9 linuxemu (which
> is something I hope to use musl with soon).

the i386 gcc4 static version from
http://arc.opera.com/pub/opera/linux/964/final/en/

after grepping out the missing x symbols:

$ /lib/libc.so opera 2>&1 |grep -v ': X' |grep -v ': Smc'
Error loading shared library libX11.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libXext.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libSM.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libICE.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libgcc_s.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error relocating opera: pthread_attr_setinheritsched: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: _Znaj: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __strtod_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __udivdi3: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __umoddi3: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: _ZdaPv: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __cxa_guard_abort: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __divdi3: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: _ZdlPv: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: _Znwj: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: _Unwind_Resume: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: IceProcessMessages: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __cxa_pure_virtual: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: IceConnectionNumber: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __strtol_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __fixunsdfdi: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: pthread_attr_getschedpolicy: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __cxa_guard_acquire: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __cxa_guard_release: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __gxx_personality_v0: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __strtoll_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __moddi3: symbol not found

this version seems to be the last one without c++:
http://arc.opera.com/pub/opera/linux/927/final/en/i386/static/

$ /lib/libc.so opera 2>&1 |grep -v ': X' |grep -v ': Smc'
Error loading shared library libX11.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libXext.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libSM.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error loading shared library libICE.so.6: No such file or directory (needed by opera)
Error relocating opera: __strtoll_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __strtod_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: IceConnectionNumber: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __write: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: IceProcessMessages: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: pthread_attr_getschedpolicy: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __sigsetjmp: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __strtol_internal: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: pthread_attr_setinheritsched: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __ctype_tolower: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __ctype_toupper: symbol not found
Error relocating opera: __ctype_b: symbol not found