Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:12:31 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [RFC] pcc support for configure

Now that pcc can build a working libc.so*, I thought I'd try adding pcc to the configure script.
I don't anticipate these changes to be the final version; feel free to suggest improvements.
-m* is tested for link success with this patch; this fixes the "Unrecognized emulation mode" when using pcc, while letting gcc add the
-m* options.

*Note: pcc can be built with binutils (default) or yasm (--with-yasm). Apparently yasm is missing quite a few instructions, as even when I used yasm from git I got a quite spectacular FTBFS using pcc+yasm as compiler.
Only pcc with binutils is supported.
Also, pcc-libs must be built with -fPIC.
HTH,
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>

View attachment "pcc.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (1979 bytes)