Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 04:56:51 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: sabotage linux i386 image released

I uploaded an i386 image file of my latest sabotage build from

https://github.com/rofl0r/sabotage

it comes with about 200 packages. X11 is installed, but for some reason
non-functional.
the startx scripts seems to have trouble to cooperate with the busybox
hostname tool.

the base system itself can be considered quite stable and moderately
well tested at the moment.
there are likely some security patches missing, but the kernel used is
grsec patched.
so if you intend to use gdb you may have to override some ptrace
settings using paxctl.
(or build your own kernel with grsec disabled, see /src/pkg/kernel)

root password is sabotage

dont forget to read README in github repo

Image files are available at http://mirror.wzff.de/sabotage/

http://mirror.wzff.de/sabotage/sabotage-0.9.6-i386_84870b5d.img.xz

ca 150 MB

sha512 checksum
852ec7f406b60e2f06b98de5c87f4b9735d0a9245da9f8e5a3a3f7471a449020641aad342df369962cde9b9a36376097e38b6beeb3b3f9d68e89d61d1648f2b2

unpack using xzcat (extracts to a 4GB imagefile)

launch using qemu-system-x86_64 imagefile

or alternatively convert to virtualbox format using

VBoxManage convertfromraw $IMG $VDI

if you use virtual box, you may have to change /bin/X to use different
device ids (currently commented out)

you can also loopmount the image and copy the rootfs from there

there's also a rootfs for armv7l/softfp available. kernel is not
included, because the kernel has to be carefully adapted to each
specific ARM device its intended to run on.