Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:21:07 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: R/GNU S: up with a couple hitches...

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:08:17 +0200
Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com> wrote:

> R requires Sun's rpc (xdr)
Somehow that didn't seem to show up (it built "successfully")...how did you discover this?
> and musl doesn't support it now, but we can
> use a external library:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libtirpc/
Not yet, unless you're using the g_hack branch and don't need rpc to actually _work_. libtirpc needs getifaddrs.
I planned to see if "Apple RPC" (IIRC, based on Novell's update of the Open Group's dce-rpc 1.2.2, which latter released as LGPL in 2005) built with musl. Unfortunately, that has to wait till the laptop I've been using for musl experimentation gets a new AC adapter.

--
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>