Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:18:47 +0200
From: Igmar Palsenberg <igmar@...senberg.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 'Proper' software writing

>>> - Is there a way to do proper feature detection ? I tried autoscan from
>>> autotools, but the outcome wanted to make me cry. It missed about all
>>>    that is important.
>> Gregor has a really good guide to using autotools properly, and some
>> tricks to make generated autoconf scripts lighter/faster by
>> dummying-out useless ones:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/autoconf-lean
>>
> Thanks. I'll look into that.
Useful. Also a reminder why usually my pants drop down within the hour :

I want autoconf, not automake : My makefiles are good. Very good if I
say so myself. install-sh (or install.sh) is installed my automake,
but I don't want automake. autoconf requires install.sh it however. WTF ?
I ended up making a copy...

    Igmar