Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:48:13 +0200 From: "Arvid E. Picciani" <aep@...s.org> To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com> Subject: Re: Best bikeshed ever (feature test macros) Heya, i'm a bit confused over 1 vs 2. On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:41:38 -0400, Rich Felker wrote: > Using -D_GNU_SOURCE works 99% > of the time, but the other 1% of the time it will _break_ programs > that are already correctly using -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 > > 2. Making the kitchen sink (_GNU_SOURCE) available by default. > > PROS: Works with most software and won't break software that's > already > correctly using feature test macros. I see how _GNU_SOURCE breaks stuff, but how does it not break if its the default? (as for the opinion part: i don't work on GNU/Crap so almost all of the software i use musl with works fine now) -- Arvid E. Picciani
Powered by blists - more mailing lists
Confused about mailing lists and their use? Read about mailing lists on Wikipedia and check out these guidelines on proper formatting of your messages.