Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:08:37 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Todo for release?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 02:53:30PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> The requested stuff that's still pending (with person who requested or
> is working on it):
>
> - Exception behavior in i386/x86_64 exponential asm (nsz).

Committed.

> - Finer-grained _XOPEN_SOURCE (Luca)

On hold pending details on what the real problem is; unlikely to make
it in for next release.

Luca, if you still want this, please provide details on what issues
you're facing that could be solved. I don't want to target old
versions of standards unless there's a concrete practical goal. I
mentioned one possible approach (using old versions only as a way to
reenable stuff that was removed from the standard, not a way to get
the entire outdated-standard behavior that would also require removing
new symbols) but I haven't heard back on whether that would meet your
needs.

> - Support for __progname (Daniel)

Daniel, any more thoughts on this? Are there lots of programs that
want it that can't easily be patched to simply use argv[0] themselves?

> - MD5 and SHA crypt (nsz?)

Thanks nsz for the further work on MD5. It's looking like this won't
be ready in the next few days, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

> Anything else I missed?

I got Landley's request for $CROSS_COMPILER prefix support into
configure too. I'd forgotten about that long-standing one.

Anything else that's been overlooked for a while? One thing that comes
to my mind is updating credits. I actually realized just after the
last release I forgot to add rdp and Solar to the COPYRIGHT file for
their contributions, and credit for rdp is actually missing from most
(all?) of the source files too - I felt really bad about this
omission. Please accept my apologies, and let me know if there are any
other credits I've forgotten to add.