Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 05:58:40 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl 0.9.3 released

On 08/05/2012 03:00 AM, idunham@...abit.com wrote:

>> I'd also like to finish and integrate the rest of rdp's porting work
>> (mips64, ppc, and microblaze) and possibly get an x32 (32-bit ABI on
>> x86_64) port underway, and integrate additional hash function support
>> (blowfish, sha, md5) for crypt.
> All of these sound good.
> I'm not sure about whether many people would be interested in x32, though?...
x32 is the latest hype and a lot of work has recently been put into
toolchain, kernel and debugger support.
this is probably a good opportunity to get the attention of early adopters.

> Something other than standard crypt (isn't that DES, which can be cracked
> in a day on the right machine?) would be one of the more interesting ones
> from my perspective.  Remembering the recent test results, I'd be hoping
> for bcrypt as well (it's where OpenCL cracking gets the least benefit).
which test results are you referring to ?

for my part, i think simple DES crypt() in the libc is sufficient.
busybox 1.20+ ships with a decent set of hash algos to use for login, so
the libc crypt code isnt used anyway.