Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:54:21 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bootstrap-linux patches for cross compilation to arm

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:18:43PM +1000, James Bond wrote:
> - add host_configargs="LIBS=-lc" and --with-stage1-libs=-lc for native
> gcc/binutils compile so that they don't pull in *printf from libiberty
> (which segfaults).

Do you have any idea why this is needed? Are they always pulled in
(and just don't segfault on other archs), or is pulling them in
arm-specific?

> - add linux-arm.config
>
> Some known issues:
> a) musl version as configured is at 0.9.2 but with arm it won't boot with
> 0.9.2 (busybox segfaults), you need to get the latest git master, make a
> tarball out of it and rename it to musl-0.9.2.tar.gz in the "src"
> directory.

Do you know which bugfix solved this? It would be nice to mention in
the 0.9.3 release notes/announcement (hopefully in the next few days).

> This is my first post to the mailing list, so you feel this kind of stuff
> is out of topic, my apology and lesson learnt.

Welcome to the list. This type of contribution to the list is
perfectly acceptable.