Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:51:23 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: crypt* files in crypt directory

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:40:28AM +0200, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a proposal to move the crypt* files from misc directory to the
> new crypt directory.

I'm definitely open to this; the misc directory is presently a mess
and eventually I want to eliminate it completely. If we do go ahead
with moving it, it might make sense to eliminate the crypt_ prefix
from the filenames (i.e. just des.c instead of crypt_des.c) to
eliminate redundancy.

> I want to port to musl crypt_blowfish patch
> (http://www.openwall.com/crypt/) and keeping everything in one
> directory would be more readable.

I would be interested in getting at least this, md5, and sha hash
support added, as long as they can be made compact. 3-5k each would be
ideal but I realize that might be difficult. For inclusion in musl,
they should have no non-const static data (i.e. no global state) and
also avoid using excessive stack space for temporary tables.