Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:53:49 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Vision for new platform

2012/6/10 Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@...il.com>:
> Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> writes:
>
>> A much better approach for systems that need automatic
>> stopping and starting of daemons would be to have a tiny
>> daemon-supervisor process to handle it; small systems with a very
>> "hands-on" admin not wanting to automate this could then skip the
>> supervisor daemon and start/stop manually.
>
> This is exactly what daemontools and variants do, with minimal code:
> http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
> http://offog.org/code/freedt.html

Chapter 4.1.1 Introducing procer:
http://mongrel2.org/static/book-finalch5.html

code:
https://github.com/zedshaw/mongrel2/tree/master/examples/procer

I think that using the code from the available solutions (like
daemontools, procer etc.) and based on our thoughts, we can prepare a
solution that would meet our expectations... secure and simple.

regards,
Daniel