Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:24:47 +0200
From: aep <aep@...s.org>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: make -i with linux-pam

On Mon, 21 May 2012 15:28:59 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:

> Not sure what you mean here... Are you talking about using these
> files
> to kill processes that users left running after logging out? Or what?

haha, no. I was more refering to the fact that i'm pretty sure no one
_wants_ utmp. It's just that you need it around for compiling code from
last century.

But yeah, dropping in glibc seems like more work then just implementing
it.

> -lutil is part of POSIX; in musl it's an empty .a file. I'm not sure
> it would be a good idea to replace libutil with something else,
> because programs using stuff from POSIX that's allowed to need -lutil
> might add -lutil to the link command line.

How does that work with sysvinit? And a couple of utils are going to be
broken too. hence i was wondering about an approach to get these working
without actually having to have that stone age functionality in musl
itself.