Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:19:53 +0200
From: Pascal Cuoq <pascal.cuoq@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl 0.8.9 released

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
>    Bug-fix release for a serious breakage in strtol and related
>    functions that made it into the previous release and prevents them
>    from handling numbers with initial spaces.

Sorry for arriving after the battle, and it is nowhere near as serious, but:

src/internal/floatscan.c, line 136:

	/* Align incomplete final B1B digit */
	if (k<KMAX && j) {

The condition k<KMAX always holds. The earlier for-loop can be exited
with at most k == KMAX-2.
You probably meant:

   if (k < KMAX-2 && j).

If you took a bit of safety margin in your choice of KMAX limits, it
seems to me that it may never matter. But if this is the case, why
bother testing k at all?

Pascal