Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:16:23 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: FTBFS on i386: aio_cancel.c relies on macro-protected
 defines in aio.h

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 04:09:25PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> aio_cancel.c won't build.
> It seems one of the _*_SOURCE macros must be defined to build it, and
> I'm not sure which one (guessing it's _POSIX_SOURCE or _XOPEN_SOURCE ?).

The default Makefile for musl has -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 in the CFLAGS.
You cannot build the vast majority of musl if you remove this.

> Just out of curiosity, is there a reason to macro-protect headers that
> are not part of ANSI C when all other flavors support them?

Indeed, this protection in aio.h seems to be a mistake. Normally I
avoid that sort of thing; I'll fix it. But the rest of musl will still
fail to build with the missing feature test macro.