Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:55:04 +0100
From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: License survey

Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> writes:

> What would be your ideal license to see musl under?

I explained my thoughts on licensing (and anti-copyleft) at
http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2009/08/why-i-use-the-mit-license.html

Main point:
> As long as there is a single available copy of free code, its freedom
> is kept and can be multiplied at no cost. For code that is worth
> anything, it will.

Also, please do not reword the BSD license.  If you want a minimal
version of it, use the ISC license: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISC_license
(I think having to keep the copyright note is a good idea, too.)

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@...il.com>  http://chneukirchen.org