Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:52:14 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: arm porting status

Hi,

Since I haven't gotten any volunteers yet, I've started porting musl
to arm, using Rob Landley's Aboriginal Linux as my testing platform.
After working on it on and off over the past 24 hours, a simple hello
program that prints its arguments is working. I'll probably commit the
code I have soon, after releasing 0.8.2 with some more (very
embarassing) bug fixes.

Things which remain to be done for the ARM port before it's at all
viable for real use:

- Checking/correcting definitions in the bits/*.h headers.
- A few details left to make thread creation work.
- Implementing atomic ops.
- Lots of checking that stuff works, especially cancellable syscalls,
  setjmp/longjmp, signal handlers, ...
- Making syscall interface support 7-argument syscalls to handle the
  ridiculous way ARM EABI passes 64-bit arguments.

If you're interested in getting involed in testing and/or filling in
the gaps left in the arm port, please get in touch here on the list or
on IRC.

Cheers,