Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:37:16 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is "memory.h" wanted?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:17:44 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:06:37AM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:44:33 -0400
> > Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Probably both, i.e. we should add it and OpenSSL should be
> > > patched. In the long term I'm thinking about adding #warning to
> > > all of the nonsensical legacy headers and wrong-location headers
> > > (missing sys/- prefix or incorrect sys/- prefix) to help track
> > > down and correct such errors in programs.
> > I had assumed the header wanted was a libc header; however, when I
> > looked up memory.h, the recommended header to use was a *private*
> > kernel header (not one of the cleaned headers). There was talk about
>
> Where did this information come from? The *only* thing "memory.h" is
> for is memcpy, memset, etc. which belong in string.h and have always
> been in string.h. The whole "memory.h" thing was some BSD nonsense,
> probably because they preferred their bzero, bcopy, etc. interfaces
> and were bitter than mem* was adopted by ANSI/ISO C.
>
> Rich
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg28700.html
I quote:
"memory.h is in the following path: [ I am using Linux debian
2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Nov 25 01:53:57 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux ]
                 /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.26-2-686/include/linux/memory.h
So make sure your path is set properly to include the linux include
files"
I'm not certain if this fellow got things right, though.