Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:08:24 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cluts daily reports 08/11 - fixes to buf and alloc

Luka -

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:14:08AM +0200, Luka Marčetić wrote:
> Buf should work now I guess (comitted), alloc still needs work around
> for some specifics - albeit arguably rational - of musl.
> So that's the priority, along with finishing pthread_eintr.
>
>  tests/alloc.c                                                     |   35
>  tests/buf.c                                                       |  113 -

Thanks for the report.  Where's the final line of diffstat output,
though?  The above says that you mostly deleted a few lines from buf.c,
but it does not tell how many and whether you also added/edited
anything.  Overall, it does show that you made very little progress.

You should try not only to fix problems in code already written, but
also make progress at further tasks each and every day.  Maybe limit
your fixing of existing code to 4 hours per day (this sounds excessive
to me, but it works as an upper limit), and use the rest of time
(4+ hours per day since you need to work hard during the remaining GSoC
time) for writing new code.  How does this sound to you?

Alexander