Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:56:54 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New daily reports - nothing

Luka,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 01:23:06PM +0200, Luka Mar??eti?? wrote:
> On 08/10/2011 04:02 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> >P.S. Your use of "Re:" on ever-changing Subjects remains completely
> >ridiculous.  As explained before, this has nothing to do with threading,
> >but it breaks the convention of "Re:" being followed by the previous
> >message's Subject (that you're replying to).  For your use, it's best
> >not to include "Re:".
>
> My bad, I should stay within the same thread though (regardless of
> loosing the "Re:" and changing the subject), right?

Not necessarily.  If I were you, I'd be starting a new thread with each
daily report.  Then possible comments on your daily report, such as from
Rich, would be in the thread with that daily report.  But the next daily
report will start a new thread and have its comments, if any, in that
new thread.  Otherwise, you have a thread that spans multiple months and
multiple topics around cluts, with the only thing in common being that
it is about daily reports for cluts.

Another thing you could improve is always mention cluts in the Subject
of your daily reports because this mailing list is not limited to cluts -
in fact, it is primarily about musl rather than cluts.  Something like
"cluts report for 8/10 - implemented this and that" (with 8/10 being
today's date) will work better.

Thanks,

Alexander