Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 16:52:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Compilation error

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 11:01:45PM +0200, nicolas@...lier-web.com wrote:
> Thanks for the fix, i'll test that tomorrow :)
> And for -lgcc ? It would be great if i didn't have to modify the makefile
> at every compilation...

I don't know any clean fix on my side until I add replacements for all
of the libgcc functions (and I'm still waiting to make sure nobody has
strong and valid objections to that). Can you confirm that it even
works on pcc without -lgcc? Or..maybe you're on a 64-bit machine where
64-bit division is native and you don't need libgcc for it.

I would just make libgcc.a a symlink to libpcc.a or make it an empty
.a file if it's not needed... That's an easy workaround for now that
will avoid having to fiddle with the Makefile.