Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:41:48 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [compatibility] zsh, autoconf

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 04:30:18AM +0200, Valentin Ochs wrote:
> autoconf:
> - the configure script defines sigset_t to unsigned int, because
>   autoconf doesn't define _POSIX_C_SOURCE before including signal.h.
>   I'll probably file a bug report for this tomorrow.

Try configuring with CPPFLAGS=-Dwhatever or CC="gcc -Dwhatever". (The
latter may be more reliable.)

> zsh:
> - define HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEZONE in zsh's config.h (bleeping ./configure...)
>   I suspect that a few of these bugs are because autoconf doesn't detect
>   some types because of missing feature test macros, then it redefines
>   some crap and gcc pukes "error: two or more data types in declaration
>   specifiers" all over the place, resulting in more broken stuff! \o/
>   http://twitter.com/timmartin2/status/23365017839599616 got it right.

"struct timezone" is legacy crap that's only defined if -D_GNU_SOURCE
is used. It's probably the same issue as configure not detecting
sigset_t etc.

A better question would be: why are they using struct timezone? It is
*absolutely* *useless*. Probably you should just submit a patch to
remove it.

> - needs to include <sys/resource.h>
> - needs RLIM_NLIMITS, which is in asm-generic/resource.h, but not
>   resource.h

This I can add - afaik RLIM_* is in the reserved namespace for
sys/resource.h.