Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:19:14 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl news & milestone

Greetings!

I'm pleased to announce that, as of version 0.7.7, a third-party
developer (chris2 on #musl) has successfully scripted the build for a
musl+busybox based Linux system. The system uses a musl-linked gcc and
binutils toolchain and is capable of rebuilding itself from source and
building the kernel. So far there is very little documentation, but
you can find the scripts at:

https://github.com/chneukirchen/sabotage

The work chris2 has done setting this up has turned up a number of
bugs in musl which have been fixed in the last two releases, for which
I'm very grateful.

I hope also to bring on the project a student, sponsored by Google
Summer of Code through the OpenWall project, to develop and run
intensive tests on many of the standard library's interfaces. This
will help find remaining problems in musl, or establish confidence in
the correctness of interfaces which appear correct. I also intend to
apply the tests to other implementations, especially glibc, and
suspect we may turn up a number of bugs or quality-of-implementation
issues, some of which may be security-relevant.