Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:19:31 +0100
From: Remi Gacogne <rgacogne@...hlinux.org>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New LKRG release planned?

Hi Alexander,

On 3/22/21 5:24 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 10:07:53AM +0100, Remi Gacogne wrote:
>> I was wondering if there was any plan to release a new version of LKRG?
>
> Yes.  I think we've just eliminated issues blocking a new release, and
> should proceed to make the release.

That's great news, thanks!

> I think you only need one package of LKRG, and when the latest release
> is too old for Arch's use just switch to packaging latest git in there.
> Then update it in response to specific issues relevant to Arch.  This is
> what e.g. ALT Linux does:
>
> https://packages.altlinux.org/en/sisyphus/srpms/kernel-source-lkrg/changelogs

I guess I could do that indeed. Arch usually tries to separate packages
built on released versions and git ones, but in that case it might make
sense since both the kernel and LKRG evolve quickly.

Cheers,

Remi

Download attachment "OpenPGP_signature" of type "application/pgp-signature" (841 bytes)