Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:09:22 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for 5.7 linux kernel?

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 11:01:24PM +0200, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:
> if only the module unloading feature would be unsupported, I think no
> harm is dome, and this could be optional in order to support the
> faster/simpler kernels. :)

OK.

We're actually planning to harden LKRG against exploits triggering its
unload mechanism.  Optionally excluding that at compile time is also
within consideration, as ultimate form of such hardening.  Neither
eliminates the need to also harden LKRG's sysctl interface from being
triggered by exploits, though - which is a related separate task for us.

Alexander