Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 21:44:29 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for 5.7 linux kernel?

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 02:09:27PM +0200, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:
> On 04/06/2020 12:37, Solar Designer wrote:
> > Maybe we need to support LKRG build without CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD, by
> > conditionally excluding the corresponding functionality from LKRG as
> > well.  Adam, what do you think?
>
> What functionality would be affected if CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD was set to off?

I guess module unloading would be unsupported, including of LKRG.

config MODULE_UNLOAD
        bool "Module unloading"
        help
          Without this option you will not be able to unload any
          modules (note that some modules may not be unloadable
          anyway), which makes your kernel smaller, faster
          and simpler.  If unsure, say Y.

It's weird to have the entire kernel configured with module support
enabled yet module unloading disabled, though - except maybe for some
embedded applications.

Alexander