Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:27:43 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LKRG unfit for installation by default in Whonix / Kicksecure due to kernel boot console output - usability issue

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:07:48PM +0000, Patrick Schleizer wrote:
> I see a lot code duplication there.

FWIW, code duplication is one of my biggest complaints about LKRG code
quality, and something I think we need to improve (reduce).

In some special cases, Adam reasonably defends some code duplication by
consideration of attacks on LKRG itself.  But in most cases the code
duplication is just the way LKRG happens to be currently written, and
should ideally be avoided, in my opinion.

Alexander