Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 17:07:14 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Couldn't write '0' to 'lkrg/clean_message',
 ignoring: No such file or directory

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 05:36:05PM +0100, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 10:52:07AM +0000, Patrick Schleizer wrote:
> > Jan 01 10:36:44 host systemd-sysctl[259]: Couldn't write '0' to
> > 'lkrg/clean_message', ignoring: No such file or directory
> >

> > /etc/sysctl.d/30-lkrg.conf
> >
> > lkrg.clean_message=0
> >

> > This seems to happen because systemd-sysctl is done before LKRG module
> > before LKRG gets being ignored. Any solution?
>
> I previously criticized this approach here:
>
> https://www.openwall.com/lists/lkrg-users/2019/11/14/4
>
> I think short-term the modification of LKRG's sysctl's should be in the
> same script that loads LKRG, like we have it after our "make install".
>
> Longer term, LKRG should have module options for everything that can be
> configured via its sysctl's, so that only module options need to be
> specified on loading.  Also, the hard-coded defaults should become the
> same as what our default LKRG loading script/config uses, so we wouldn't
> need to override anything in a default install.

I've pushed changes in hard-coded defaults (which matches our script) to the
official LKRG repo (excluding log_level for now).

Answering Patrick's question, I would suggest to change the defaults in the
source-code to match what would you like to have in your LKRG package.
As Alexander suggest, our long-term solution would be introduction of module
arguments for each sysctl option.

Thanks,
Adam

--