Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 17:36:05 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Couldn't write '0' to 'lkrg/clean_message', ignoring: No such file or directory

On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 10:52:07AM +0000, Patrick Schleizer wrote:
> Jan 01 10:36:44 host systemd-sysctl[259]: Couldn't write '0' to
> 'lkrg/clean_message', ignoring: No such file or directory
>

> /etc/sysctl.d/30-lkrg.conf
>
> lkrg.clean_message=0
>

> This seems to happen because systemd-sysctl is done before LKRG module
> before LKRG gets being ignored. Any solution?

I previously criticized this approach here:

https://www.openwall.com/lists/lkrg-users/2019/11/14/4

I think short-term the modification of LKRG's sysctl's should be in the
same script that loads LKRG, like we have it after our "make install".

Longer term, LKRG should have module options for everything that can be
configured via its sysctl's, so that only module options need to be
specified on loading.  Also, the hard-coded defaults should become the
same as what our default LKRG loading script/config uses, so we wouldn't
need to override anything in a default install.

Alexander