Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 03:38:33 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use KSPP and LKRG togother ?

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 06:36:29PM +0100, bryn1u85 wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Im trying do my best to use both great security features, but i don't know
> which options i shouldn't/should use in the kernel. KSPP contains some
> security features which block LKRG. Is therey any way to get knowledge how
> to compile kernel with KSPP options and after all use LKRG module properly
> ?

KSPP and LKRG should not interfere with each other. I'm also aware that some
people run LKRG together with grsecurity.

> I think there should some documentation with config example. I think it
> might help people to use these  great security projects.

That's a very good idea. We might create a list of required CONFIG options.
This list shouldn't be long but on the top of my head I can list:

CONFIG_KPROBES
CONFIG_KRETPROBES

Currently, CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD is also necessary, but it's not critical and
LKRG might be easily adopted to run without that too.

Thanks,
Adam

--
pi3 (pi3ki31ny) - pi3 (at) itsec pl