Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:29:40 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04 - kzalloc() can't allocate memory

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 06:56:34PM -0300, Diego M. Vadell wrote:
> On Saturday 15 December 2018 02:27:23 pm Adam Zabrocki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > kzalloc() might fail if you don't have enough memory. Are you trying to run
> > LKRG on a VM? If yes you could try to increase allocated memory.
>
> It's not a VM. It's my notebook. It has 4Gb of RAM. I tried again after
> closing firefox, and it was the same outcome.

It's difficult to tell why your memory alocator fails, but kzalloc() shouldn't
have any problems in normal circumstances. Please try to load the module on
just booted machine. Please also verify if you have correctly configured swap
partition and if it is enabled. Maybe increase it.

Thanks,
Adam

--
pi3 (pi3ki31ny) - pi3 (at) itsec pl