Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 21:00:50 +0200
From: Florian Weimer <fw@...eb.enyo.de>
To: enh <enh@...gle.com>
Cc: libc-coord@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: risc-v hwprobe stuff

> anyone else looking at adding a wrapper for the risc-v hwprobe stuff?

We've had some discussions on the glibc libc-alpha list.  One issue
for glibc is that it's natural to use it in IFUNC resolvers, but you
cannot call non-static, non-hidden functions from IFUNC resolvers
reliably because of the relocation dependency.  This means that a
traditional system call wrapper in libc.so won't necessarily work for
this.  I don't think a decision has been reached yet.  I expect the
discussion to start again after the upcoming release.