Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:20:51 +0000
From: Joseph Myers <joseph@...esourcery.com>
To: <libc-coord@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: anyone else working on %b?

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, enh wrote:

> i've wanted %b (along with 0b literals) for decades now, and i'm
> wondering if anyone else already has %b implemented, so i can use that
> as precedent to justify shipping bionic's implementation before the
> standard is final?

I implemented printf %b and %B for glibc 2.35, and GCC 12 format checking.
(The format checking also supports scanf %b.  I haven't yet implemented
scanf %b in glibc; scanf is more complicated than printf here because it
comes with changes to strtol, and scanf %i, which mean 32, 44 or 56 new
function variants in glibc depending on the architecture, as described in
<https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2020-December/120414.html>,
to keep proper compatibility with different standard versions.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@...esourcery.com