Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:10:34 -0400
From: Derrick McKee <derrick.mckee@...il.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: linux-hardening@...r.kernel.org
Subject: CVE Proofs of Concept

Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student at Purdue University researching kernel
compartmentalization.  I am currently conducting evaluation for a
follow-up paper to one published at NDSS 22 titled 'Preventing Kernel
Hacks with HAKC' (see [1]).  We are interested in empirically
evaluating our compartmentalization policies by determining if targets
of exploits (which we refer to as exploit sinks) are placed in a
different compartment from code that accesses the target (which we
refer to as exploit sources).

To that end, we are looking for a set of kernel exploit proofs of
concept that we can execute and examine.  I realize such a set could
be sensitive, and I will follow all safety procedures in the handling
and execution of any PoC.  In lieu of a set of PoCs, are there any
statistics of kernel structures that are targeted by attackers?  I
would imagine, for example, that struct cred would be heavily
targeted, but how often and what other kernel structures are targeted
would be invaluable.  Thank you for any insight you might have.

[1] https://www.ndss-symposium.org/ndss2022/accepted-papers/

--
Derrick McKee
Phone: (703) 957-9362