Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 16:21:27 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
Cc: Jann Horn <jannh@...gle.com>, "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>,
	Kernel Hardening <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>,
	linux-hardening@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux-specific kernel hardening

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 03:39:26PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 12:26:50AM +0200, Jann Horn wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 6:48 PM Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> > > If 100% of the topics on linux-hardening are supposed to be a subset of
> > > what was on kernel-hardening, I think it'd be OK for me to provide the
> > > subscriber list to a vger admin, who would subscribe those people to
> > > linux-hardening.
> >
> > (if folks want to go that route, probably easier to subscribe the list
> > linux-hardening@ itself to kernel-hardening@ instead of syncing
> > subscriber lists?)
>
> Yeah, that would make things a bit simpler. Solar, would you be willing
> to do that? (Then I can tweak the wiki instructions a bit more.)

Sure, I can do that.  Should I?

Per http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-hardening there are
currently 39 subscribers on the new list.  I guess most of those are
also on kernel-hardening, and would start receiving two copies of
messages that are posted to kernel-hardening.  I guess they would then
need to unsubscribe from kernel-hardening if they want to see the
content of both lists, or to unsubscribe from linux-hardening if they
changed their mind and only want the content of kernel-hardening.  I
think this is still not too many people, so this is reasonable; if we
were to do it later, we'd inconvenience more people.

Alexander