Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:54:44 +0530
From: Allen <allen.lkml@...il.com>
To: Oscar Carter <oscar.carter@....com>
Cc: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
	Kernel Hardening <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Clarification about the series to modernize the tasklet api

> I have a few more things to complete, I shall have it done and pushed
> to github. Will write back
> once that's done.

Here's the link to the list of patches so far. I should hopefully
complete the rest in about
a  week.

https://github.com/allenpais/tasklets/commits/ref_tasklets

What I have done so far is to keep patches close to the original
series, but with changes
from the feedback received to those patches.

Patches 1-10 have been retained as is, except for DECLARE_TASKLET which has been
moved to patch 1 from patch 12 in the series.

Patch 11 is broken down to sub-systems(as it was done for Timer
changes in the past).
Sub-systems:
 arch/*
 drivers/atm/*
 drivers/block/*
 drivers/char/ipmi/*
 drivers/crypto/*
 drivers/dma/*
 drivers/firewire/*
 drivers/gpu/drm/*
 drivers/hsi/*
 drivers/hv/*
 drivers/infiniband/*
 drivers/input/*
 drivers/mailbox/*
 drivers/media/*
 drivers/memstick/*
 drivers/misc/*
 drivers/mmc/*
 drivers/net/*
 drivers/net/ethernet/*
 drivers/net/ppp/*
 drivers/net/usb/*
 drivers/net/wireless/*
 drivers/ntb/*
 drivers/platform/*
 drivers/rapidio/*
 drivers/s390/*
 drivers/scsi/*
 drivers/spi/*
 drivers/tty/*
 drivers/usb/*
 drivers/vme/*
 net/dccp/*
 net/ipv4/*
 net/mac80211/*
 net/mac802154/*
 net/rds/*
 net/sched/*
 net/smc/*
 net/xfrm/*
 sound/core/*
 sound/*
 and ofcourse staging/*

 Patches 12, 13 comments will be addressed and broken down.
 Patches 14, 15 will remain as is.
 Patch 16 will have it's comments addressed.

With this approach, I think it will be a little easier to get the
patches into the kernel and also will be easier for maintainers to have
them reviewed.

Thanks,
--
       - Allen