Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 20:13:21 +0200
From: Romain Perier <romain.perier@...il.com>
To: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>, kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: refactor tasklets to avoid unsigned long argument

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 07:29:51PM +0200, Romain Perier wrote:

Hi !

https://salsa.debian.org/rperier-guest/linux-tree/tree/tasklet_init

It is mostly done ! I have just finished the commit for removing the data field
... and... I have completly forgot the macro DECLARE_TASKLET() :=D . Well, it
is not a big issue because there are only few calls.

What I can do is the following:

1. After the commit that convert all tasklet_init() to tasklet_setup(),
I can a new commit that modifies the content of DECLARE_TASKLET()
(pass the pointer of the callback as .data) and convert the callback of all
DECLARE_TASKLET() for handling the argument with from_tasklet() correctly

2. Then the commit for removing the .data field in the tasklet_struct
structure that also removes the data field in DECLARE_TASKLET() (without
changing the API of the macro, I just remove the field data from the
content of the macro)

3. Change the API of DECLARE_TASKLET() and update all calls in a single
shot

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Romain

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)