Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 08:23:41 +0200
From: Stephan Müller <smueller@...onox.de>
To: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>
Subject: Re: get_random_bytes returns bad randomness before seeding is complete

Am Freitag, 2. Juni 2017, 16:59:56 CEST schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:

Hi Jason,

> Alternatively, I'm open to other solutions people might come up with.

One addition, there is an issue (I would call it a bug) in random.c before 4.8
where the nonblocking_pool is not reseeded during early boot even though
entropy may be available. That issue aggravates early boot time entropy issues
for user and kernel land.

I have not heard about accepting or rejecting it, so I am wondering how
patches go into random.c at all.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9620431/

Ciao
Stephan