Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 15:10:43 -0400
From: Rik van Riel <riel@...hat.com>
To: David Gens <david.gens@...tu-darmstadt.de>, Mathias Krause
	 <minipli@...glemail.com>
Cc: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>, Daniel Cegiełka
	 <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>, kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: It looks like there will be no more public
 versions of PaX and Grsec.

On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 10:59 +0200, David Gens wrote:

> I guess it would be nice to have a list of features that will be
> ported
> into KSPP,
> e.g., sorted by priority, and then users could easily check when to
> switch from the
> last PaX patches. But thats not how kernel development works
> (traditionally), because
> developers push features they (or their employers) are interested in.

That is the difference between development and support.

Developers will continue to do things, on their own schedule
and/or the schedule of their employers.

If you want grsecurity support, your best bet right now
is to pay grsecurity.

--
All rights reversed
Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)