Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:44:57 -0800
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: Vaishali Thakkar <vaishali.thakkar@...cle.com>
Cc: Eddie Kovsky <ewk@...ovsky.org>,
	"kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Getting started

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Vaishali Thakkar
<vaishali.thakkar@...cle.com> wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2017 12:13 AM, Eddie Kovsky wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>

> Hi,
>
>> I'm interested in helping out with this project.
>>
>> I have a few small patches in the kernel. I just finished the Eudyptula
>> Challenge and I'm looking for places where I can continue to contribute.

Hi! Welcome to the list. :)

>> I've been reading the list for several months now. I think I have a
>> general
>> understanding of the development process. Is there a specific TODO item I
>> could start off with?

What areas of the kernel are you the most familiar with, and/or what
things are you interested in working on? That could help me tailor
some suggestions.

> Here, is one TODO list:
>
> https://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project
>
> Although I think few people are already working on some of these things.
> May be you can also check the archives of a mailing list.

The list is a bit terse (it's mostly been a brain dump as things come
up), but yeah, if you see something there and want to know more, just
ask. I'm happy to expand on any of them.

Thanks!

-Kees

--
Kees Cook