Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:59:19 +0200
From: Colin Vidal <colin@...dal.org>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com,
	"Reshetova, Elena" <elena.reshetova@...el.com>,
	AKASHI Takahiro <takahiro.akashi@...aro.org>,
	David Windsor <dave@...gbits.org>,
	Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
	Hans Liljestrand <ishkamiel@...il.com>
Cc: Colin Vidal <colin@...dal.org>
Subject: [RFC 0/2] arm: implementation of HARDENED_ATOMIC

Hi,

This is the first attempt of HARDENED_ATOMIC port to arm arch.

About the fault handling I have some questions (perhaps some arm
expert are reading?):

   - As the process that made the overflow is killed, the kernel will
     not try to go to a fixup address when the exception is raised,
     right ? Therefore, is still mandatory to add an entry in the
     __extable section?

   - In do_PrefetchAbort, I am unsure the code that follow the call to
     hardened_atomic_overflow is needed: the process will be killed
     anyways.

I take some freedom compared to PaX patch, especially by adding some
macro to expand functions in arm/include/asm/atomic.h.

The first patch is the modification I have done is generic part to
make it work.

Otherwise, I've been stuck by ccache. When I modify do_PrefetchAbort
in arm/mm/fault.c, ccache does not detect the update (even if the file
is recompiled by gcc). Therefore, when I boot the new compiled kernel,
the old version of do_PrefechAbort is called. I know do_PrefetchAbort
is somehow special, since called by assembly code, but is still
strange. Someone has already has this issue? The only way to solve it
is to flush the cache...

Thanks!

Colin

Colin Vidal (2):
  Reordering / guard definition on atomic_*_wrap function in order to
     avoid implicitly defined / redefined error on them, when
    CONFIG_HARDENED_ATOMIC is unset.
  arm: implementation for HARDENED_ATOMIC

 arch/arm/Kconfig                  |   1 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/atomic.h     | 434 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 arch/arm/mm/fault.c               |  15 ++
 include/asm-generic/atomic-long.h |  55 ++---
 include/linux/atomic.h            |  55 +++++

2.7.4