Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 13:35:37 -0400
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for something to WORK ON

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Shubham Bansal
<illusionist.neo@...il.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to start with linux kernel development and looking for some project
> where I can contribute. I was looking at
> http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project which asked
> to introduce myself on the list if I am looking for some work (thats what I
> am doing :) ). It would be highly appreciated if any of you guys have
> something where I can contribute.
>
> Best,
> Shubham Bansal

Welcome to the fun! :)

What things are you generally interested in? Do you have familiarity
with a specific architecture (or do you want to _gain_ familiarity
with a specific architecture)?

There's a small list of stuff that is related to the larger project
pieces that I try to keep up to date, of varying difficulty:

http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project#Specific_TODO_Items

-Kees

--
Kees Cook