Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:54:35 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Schaufler, Casey" <casey.schaufler@...el.com>,
        Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@....com>,
        PaX Team <pageexec@...email.hu>, Michael Ellerman <mpe@...erman.id.au>,
        Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@...ibm.com>,
        Ralf Baechle <ralf@...ux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Self Introduction

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:45:35 -0800, Kees Cook said:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Schaufler, Casey

> That's great! Thanks for speaking up. Another area that hasn't seen
> any traction yet is PAX_USERCOPY. Valdis seems to be MIA, so I'd love
> to see someone else take on that chunk of work.

Whoops. sorry.. I just didn't have anything in a state ready to share,
and I got sidetracked by a week in the hospital (am all OK now, thankfully).

Biggest problem is just taking one big 7M patch and teasing out just the
USERCOPY parts, and then re-arranging it into something that upstream will
be willing to take.  Just lots and lots of grunt work.

I don't suppose the grsecurity guys have a git repo where a lot of the
heavy duty lifting is already done? :)