Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 15:09:26 +0100
From: "PaX Team" <pageexec@...email.hu>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com, Alyssa Milburn <amilburn@...l.org>
CC: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>, Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Emese Revfy <re.emese@...il.com>,
        Brad Spengler <spender@...ecurity.net>,
        Theodore Tso <tytso@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Proposal for kernel self protection features

On 8 Nov 2015 at 9:27, Alyssa Milburn wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 09:42:17PM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
> > (For that matter, as the LLVM Linux project progresses, it might
> > actually prove easier to provide a clang-based plugin.)
>
> If anyone is interested in LLVM-based plugins (I've been assuming nobody
> is, especially since LLVMLinux seems to have been pretty quiet recently),

actually i originally wanted to use clang/llvm as the basis for my
compiler based work, way back in 2009. it's not a coincidence that
a bit later i could contribute all that code to make clang able to
compile linux. while for practical reasons my interests had shifted
to gcc afterwards, i still have an interest in revitalizing my work
on the clang/llvm side so if you can/want to, feel free to share your
work and i'll help bring it into shape. i'm also only a humble student
of llvm internals so any comparative work such as ports of existing
gcc plugins would be of tremendous help in getting familiar with how
the clang/llvm side of the world works.

cheers,
 PaX Team