Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 14:04:07 -0800
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>, Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	Ben Hutchings <ben@...adent.org.uk>, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@...aro.org>,
	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>, Mathias Krause <minipli@...glemail.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel Self Protection Project

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Mickaël Salaün <mic@...ikod.net> wrote:
> Excellent initiative!
>
> FYI, you can find the grsecurity patches automatically integrated in a consistent Git repository: https://github.com/linux-scraping/linux-grsecurity . I took all patches I could find (with their signatures and changelogs!), starting from the beginning of the Linux Git history (2005: v2.6.14.2), and applying them following branches and merges. The result is quite interesting and help to dive into the Linux/grsecurity internals (with log, blame and bisect). Moreover, it show the work of Brad Spengler backporting fixes.
> I did the same with PaX but it needs some more work before going public.

Thanks for the pointer! This could be a nice resource for people who
want to take a closer look at the history.

Related to resources, I also think it'd be great to start a collection
of relevant academic papers too, and get them linked off the wiki.
Does anyone have a few they think are especially notable?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Chrome OS Security