Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:34:41 -0500
From: Corey Bryant <coreyb@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@...ibm.com>, Frank Novak <fnovak@...ibm.com>,
        George Wilson <gcwilson@...ibm.com>,
        Joel Schopp <jschopp@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
        Kevin Wolf <kwolf@...hat.com>, Warren Grunbok II <grunbok@...ibm.com>
Subject: Secure Open Source Project Guide

In light of events like this http://lwn.net/Articles/535149/ "China,
GitHub and the man-in-the-middle (Greatfire)", we are thinking that a
guide for securing open source projects is needed.  For example,
recommending pull requests or commits be PGP signed are a few things
we've discussed that could defend against a MITM attack inserting
malicious code.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to where we could publish such a guide?
  Perhaps the Linux Foundation?

I believe we have the resources on this mailing list to work through the
details and put together a succinct guide that we could take to a wider
audience.

--
Regards,
Corey Bryant