Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:51:36 -0400
From: Thomas Ward <teward@...mas-ward.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "No hashes found" when argon2id is present?

I have a file with an `argon2id` hash in it, specifically this one (this
is a test hash with 'Passw0rd' as the password, not an actual password)
generated from the PyPI `argon2-cffi` library:

$argon2id$v=19$m=65536,t=4,p=2$w6DmOoIk0tVKDoXEeaYE0ZB9KqZ6Uw$zO3D4nlA9JAS6j/tZGXT0NY0ZzRIPPYLBogo2ObLiLY

When I try and pass this file to john, it says "no hashes found".  Is
john incapable of processing argon2id hashes?