Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 00:52:40 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Looking for input

Hi Nate,
I am affraid that the main obstacle for recovering password is simply the
search space. a-zA-Z0-9 gives us 62 posibilities for each position, 62 to
the power of 20 assuming no other heuristics to limit the search space is
huge number and it is close to imposible to recover it. Length limit of the
JtR in this format is not the main problem to solve here. What could
potentially help os would be broken password generator used to create the
password, but it is just another way of saying that you need to limit the
search space to even have a chance.
Thanks,
Lukas

wt., 14 mar 2023, 23:44 użytkownik Nate Widmyer <touring_fan@....com>