Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 13:42:52 -0300
From: Rodrigo s <rodrigozanattasilva@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Grammar for dynamic function

I am having bad times trying to test a dynamic function.

   - First I study this document <https://miloserdov.org/?p=5960> to show
   how to make this in the command line.
   - Then, I read the john/doc/DYNAMIC_SCRIPTING
   <https://github.com/openwall/john/blob/bleeding-jumbo/doc/DYNAMIC_SCRIPTING>
and
   see I can create a "script" in *john.conf* with my needs.

But what I didn't found was:

   - What is the grammar of the Expression? To be fair, this is not a big
   deal, the first documentation does a good job.
   - Where was the list of all DynamicFunc_? Ok, I can find it in the code
   john/src/dynamic_parser.c
   <https://github.com/openwall/john/blob/a19784d685ea6dde598d3519f641844df47bd211/src/dynamic_parser.c>.
   Well, some are easy to understand, others not.
   - But the most important: *How the HELL I write the hash* password to
   input to decrypt?  This really needs grammar and I can't find it.

What I am trying to do is this function:
*sha512($u.$p.$s)*
That means
*$SALT + PASSWORD + $SALT_2*
The first SALT can be the user, no problems with that.
So, this can also be:
*sha512($s.$p.$s2)*

Now... How  i write the Test function or even the hash to input the program:
*user:hash$salt*
and (in john.conf)
*Test=$dynamic_1666$user:hash$salt:clean_pass*

But none works. How do I do it? Where can I read about it! How do I use two
different salts??