Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:41:48 -0700
From: David Sontheimer <david.sontheimer@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking stats: p/s, c/s and C/s. Hashing cost factors.

Found and resolved a bug in my code. My stats make a lot more sense now, in
relation to your explanations.

Total pwd hashes: 100
Total unique salts: 1
Pwds tested/sec: 1.489019e+09
Crypts tested/sec: 1.489019e+09
Combinations tested/sec: 1.490530e+11

C/c: 100.10147016257012
c/p: 1.0
p/c: 1.0
C/p: 100.10147016257012

Is it accurate to interpret that JtR creates a rainbow table - based on
candidate passwords generated from rule set (and/or wordlist) - that
includes crypts computed with a repeat candidate password for each salt
encountered in the password file?

Cheers,
-David