Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 10:55:43 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help crafting a specific ruleset

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 08:49:12PM -0600, alan somers wrote:
> Adding --external=Filter_NoRepeats didn't work.  It fails
> with "Unknown external mode: Filter_NoRepeats".

Filter_NoRepeats is a somewhat recent addition, made after the last
release.  It is in our code at GitHub.  To use it, you could have either
used the latest JtR code off GitHub, or you could have copied just this
one external mode definition from john.conf in there to yours.  Anyway:

> However, the final
> technique worked: training incremental mode on my guesses.  It worked
> fairly quickly because the guesses were close.

I'm glad this worked.

Alexander